04 July 2014

Newborn Tutu Outfit

It's being crazy this days. A lot of things to do and time runs fast. My niece Alessandra turned one week old and I wanted to take some pictures of her as a newborn.
I decided to make her outfit. A cute and easy one. My other niece Emily helped me. She's eight years old, so if you know how to read this, you can also do it.
Here the step by step…
Materials:
  • 2 Rolls of Tulle
  • 1 Yard Braided Elastic 1/2'' Wide
  • 1/2 Yard of Fold Over Elastic
  • Ribbon Flower
  • Scissors
  • Thread
  • Needle
I bought 3 rolls of tulle because I wanted the tutu very fluffy, but 2 rolls were enough.
Measure the baby's head and cut the fold over elastic that size. Sew the headband with a simple stitch by the right side.
Then I opened the seams.
And sew the ribbon flower.
For the Tutu, measure the baby's belly. Cut the braided elastic that size. Sew a simple hand stitch to close it.
 Cut the rolls of tulle every 15". Fold them by the middle and place like the picture.
Take both ends of the tulle inside the hole.
Pull it.
This is the way it will look behind. Now repeat until you fill the hole elastic.
I made three skirts to look the way I wanted, but since I knew it would be for a backward picture, the second and the third one I only fill a half of the elastic, the backward part. It would make it more comfortable for her belly.

Now I'm getting confused. I'm a Fashion Designer, aspiring to be an Interior Designer and Decorator but also love the Newborn Photography. What should I do?

Note: I'm very interested to learn more english, so if you find some mistakes, I will appreciate if you leave a comment to let me know.

Thanks for reading!

Posted in ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment